June 5 1999. A lonely Powerbook G3 powers Monolake’s idiosyncratic DIY software. It’s a music creation engine, programmed in Max/MSP. New musical form. Navigated.
I’d like to meditate on the following*
- We are what we do. Not what we think, say or feel. Magic happens when thoughts, feelings, words and promises turn into actions. Let that sink in for a moment…
- The above holds for others too. Instead of promises, pay attention to how people behave, their actions.
- Choose the company you keep.
- “past behaviour is the most reliable predictor of future behaviour”. Don’t forget bad behaviour. Instead learn from it, forgive and move on. Don’t be vengeful.
- Be Grateful. Be kind and value kindness in others. Really listen. Make people feel loved. Safe. Grounded. Challenged. Included.
Finally, I couldn’t resist to quote the late Carl Sagan:
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Scrum.org, walk the talk and facilitate an internal retro. Stick this under “stop doing”.
The World’s Most Accurate Parser Goes Open Source. Woot!