- It is implied that the purpose of all communication is influencing the behaviour of the receiver.
- By any definition of behaviour, communication either affects it or has no discernible effect whatsoever.
- It involves aesthetic considerations in Arts.
- In the case of speech, it involves anything from style, to psychological aspects, judgements etc.
- There is interrelation between the semantic and effectiveness problems, though not always clear how.
- Reading Notes: Recent Contributions To The Mathematical Theory Of Communication Reading notes from 'Recent Contributions To The Mathematical Theory Of Communication' by Warren Weaver.