Squads and tribes:
- is a way to scale agile to fit the “needs and sensibilities of an internet-economy-scale business”
- removes unnecessary dogma, fluff and/or ceremony and lets the squad decide what it needs.
has each squad acting as an independent startup (i.e. it has every function it needs to succeed)
Works well with a Service Oriented Architecture (or similar)
- benefits squads that own all aspects of their product/service (infrastructure, monitoring, KPIs, metrics, A/B tests)
- is facilitated by infrastructure and release tooling as a service/squad and unified platform stacks
- thrives on unified, lightweight communication channels