- Push decision making to the periphery.
- When something disastrous happens, most explanations (like climate change, chaotic etc) are not explanations. They are the definitions of complex situations.
- Instead of issuing instructions, to handle complexity, they made sure people talked.
- Under true complexity, efforts to dictate everything will fail.
- Freedom and expectation: coordinate and measure progress.
- There must always be room for judgement, aided and enhanced by procedure.
- Reading Notes: The Checklist Manifesto Reading notes from 'The Checklist Manifesto' by Atul Gawande