I should be paying attention to what stands out to me, not what is/should be interesting according to anyone else.
What is "interesting to anyone else" could be:
- A convention on how I should be writing music. Or templates on how I should be writing blog posts.
- A great way to not create anything is overfocusing on the meta (how to create music, how to blog, etc)
- An overly academic take on things. Musicology is not what I am about. Or academia. I do want to understand more, though.
My leanings say more about me. I should remember to
- Create, read and record what I like. What I know. What uniquely stands out to me.
- Make it feel more like play and less like work. It doesn't need to be useful.
- Inspired by this