Making something new. A new solution to a problem, a new method or device, or a new artistic object or form.
Creativity is a very human trait, fostered and rewarded by evolution. Our ability to create new solutions to problems has helped us stay alive and progress.
- The importance of Intuition Bergson/Creativity And Intuition
- Creating new concepts Deleuze/Creativity, Deleuze/Creativity/Difference And Multiplicity
- Creativity as a means to confront the challenges of existence Ortega/Confront Challenge With Creativity
- Creativity as a means of self-overcoming; living life as an artist Nietzche/Creativity, Nietzche/Creativity And Self-Realization
- An emergence of newness Kastoriadis/Creation
- The creative process, as a qualitative multiplicity between environment, intellect and intuition (Bergson/Multiplicity, Nietzche/The Apollonian And The Dionysian, Latour/Actor-Network Theory)
- Creation emerges within an environment (Kastoriadis/Creation Is Within An Environment, Latour/Actor-Network Theory). A circumstance (Ortega/I Am I And My Circumstance). But it does not follow that the environment can account for it existing.